1 Month in and what has 2020 brought us all so far?
In a broader sense the UK is now fully committed to Brexit, proof that if someone wants something badly enough you can get it over the line – all really TBC.
Megxit is also fully in swing, again proof that if you want to get out of something you have to be prepared to lose some of the things you really want to keep – also TBC and Brexit should take note perhaps?!
Sportswomen and men are diligently working towards their goals (pardon the pun) as Euro 2020 draws towards us in June, the Olympics in July and the 6 Nations start tomorrow. We see athletes that have trained, competed and now have been chosen to represent their respective countries finally hitting goals in the career. For some, great reward will come, with trophies and medals. Others will see injury befall them at a critical point in their career, while others will not exceed their own expectations for themselves, let alone their Country.
All these have some things in common.
A will to succeed and a will to progress, and within recruitment these are fundamental factors that we look at in our candidates and in ourselves. If you want to move forward in your career, or you want to progress in your current role or you are heading to an interview; it is all about how you put your mind-set towards things.
Progress – Definition
- Forward or onward movement towards a destination.
Success – Definition
- The accomplishment of an aim or purpose.
- Development towards an improved or more advanced condition.
Alongside those, you need a positive attitude towards success as well as aptitude.
Attitude – Definition
- The way a person viewssomething or tends to behave towards it, often in an evaluative way
Aptitude – Definition
- Someone’s aptitude for a particular kind of work or activity is his or her ability to learn it quickly and to do it well.
If any of these things are missing, or you do not have a positive mind-set, you can be derailed along your path to success. Self-belief in children at school, athletes, politicians, employees and employers is a crucial factor in reaching goals that they or YOU want to achieve.
Here at Mobilus part of our process understands the GOAL you are trying to achieve be it growing a Team or finding your dream job.
Being honest is key to this – if you want to be a NASA pilot that is great – but we will not be in a position to help you, as we do not work with NASA, but we could refer you to a suitable place to seek such a role.
If you want to be a Python developer that is great too, but if all you have been doing is snake charming – sorry we cannot help, but we can suggest ways to achieve this goal.
The definition of Recruitment is – The process of finding people to work for a company or become a new member of an organization.
Here at Mobilus it also means guiding people. We do this in many ways but are not limited to;
- Helping to build a positive attitude when things can seem hard – just been made redundant, or just lost a valuable team member.
- Talking through your aptitude for the role you are looking at; suggest other roles that may be more appropriate. – Leadership, additional responsibilities, learning new skills, phone skills or looking at further training.
- Discussing the aptitudes you are looking for in your new hire. – Team leadership, new tools, different management styles, something to change team dynamic, knowledge of a different market.
- Finding out what success in the process will mean to you – Refining a job description, updating your CV, realising you are happy where you are, finding the right candidate or securing a new role.
So, if you are still figuring out what this year is going to bring you, we would love to speak to you and find out more about your GOALS or at least help you discover what they might be. Call us on 01628 509009 or drop us a line at Info@Mobilus.co.uk
#goals #achieve #success #progress #attitude #aptitude #recruitment #support #quickread #weekendreading #weekendmotivation #motivation
Back to blog